Quote of the week

Heyyy welcome to my blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

Mixed Media Card

     Through this artwork I was able to communicate through my work and wish my friend a happy birthday.Like any other birthday card, I wanted it to show that a lot of considerable effort was made and that I had customized it for my friend. In the card  I included a lot of clip outs of jokes that would make her laugh, words cutout from magazines that described her, and on the backside, i wrote my message over white crape paper that I had layered. I tried to give it a girly touch with the butterflies and glitter paper that I glued onto the red crape paper. Through this project, I also got to show my friend what I value about her and our friendship, through my art, and in the end , I believe that it made a personal connection with the viewer (my friend).

This project not only reflect my own ideas, but also that of my peers, who collaborated and gave constructive feedback while i made the card. Emma helped show me that I was solely exploring the crape paper media on the card. She brought over some wrapping paper and reminded me how we had learned to make origami butterflies in Art 1. Not only did this liven up my card, but it also gave it a 3D aspect. I also discussed with her the idea of putting glitter on the front, on top of the solid boring layer of black paint i had applied. when i was finished with the card, I was holding it and considering how I would hand it over to my friend. Sabrina suggested that I should attach a ribbon on the top, so that my friend could hold it less awkwardly, and even hang it up.
handmade birthday card ... bright tags spell out birthday with white die cut letters .... "birthday" is stamped below ...  cheerful card ...


For this project my source of inspiration, was from cards i had seen on Pinterest. these cards had cut out letters from the magazine spell out "Happy Birthday". I decided to take this a step further, and customize it more I also wanted the card to have more mixed media on it. since my friend always has an awesome sense of humor, I also chose funny pictures and jokes that would make her laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment